Strawberry picking season is just around the corner in California and our culinary team has the perfect prep for these delicious berries! And all it takes is 3 ingredients…
Not to mention these berries are among the top 20 fruits in antioxidant capacity and are a good source of manganese and potassium. Oh, and look! Just one serving — about eight strawberries — provides more vitamin C than an average orange. That’s pretty neat.
Roasted Strawberries Recipe:
1lb Fresh Strawberries
¾ cup Sugar
1.5 tsp Vanilla Puree
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Wash the strawberries and pat dry. Remove the stems and cut into quarters.
3. Place the strawberries, sugar, and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Fold with a spatula to evenly coat, then place into 9” x 13” baking dish.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Look for the strawberries to turn bright red and shrink in size.
5. Serve warm over ice cream and angel food cake, or refrigerate up to one week.
PRO TIP: Make your own whip cream by combining heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to serve on top with your roasted strawberries!